Saturday 16 April 2011

Wishlist

I wish I didn't spend my days thinking of you.
I wish I didn't spend my nights dreaming of you.
I wish that all the things that remind me of you would just disappear.
I wish it didn't hurt so much.
I wish it could just stop.
I wish I could just stop feeling.
I wish I didn't still have pictures of you on the wall.
I wish everything could go back to how it was.
I wish that you were still my friend.
I wish that thinking I mean nothing to you didn't kill me.
I wish all the songs that bring back memories of us had never been written.
I wish I'd never returned to all those places that remind me of you.
I wish I didn't go to sleep still feeling the nearness of you.
I wish things had been different.
I wish I could hear your voice, just one more time.
I wish I could feel your embrace.
I wish I could feel safe in your arms again.
I wish for lazy sundays filled with sweet nothings.
I wish I didn't still long for you.
I wish I didn't still miss you terribly.
I wish I could feel the warmth of your lips.
I wish all this had already passed long ago.
I wish I no longer felt my heart skip a beat every time I think of you.
I wish we could still talk.
I wish I could hold your hand in mine.
I wish I could feel your body next to mine.
And I truly wish you are happy. This I wish with all my heart, and above all else.
I wish I didn't still love you.
But I do.
Always and all ways.
Forever and for ever.
World without end.

No comments:

Post a Comment