Friday 28 May 2010

Live together or die alone.

The ending to 'Lost' was something that I was, in a sense, expecting. It's the logical ending, and it's a great thing indeed that most of the mysteries - old and new alike - remained unanswered. I was indeed expecting, on an emotional level, a punch to the gut. How mistaken I was to expect that. What I got was something akin to an eight-hit combo that left me in tears a number of times, especially the Jin & Sun bits, as well as Charlie & Claire's. And then there's the ending itself - I saw the episode twice, and both times I got a different idea of what the ending actually means. The highest kudos must be given to the writers who worked on the six seasons, but for my money, none are more deserving than the writing team of Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse; by far, the best episodes in every season were the ones they wrote.
So there it is, six incredible, sometimes mind-bending, seasons later, it'a fond farewell I bid to 'Lost'. For now, at least. Sometime in the next six to twelve months I expect to see the entirety of the thing again, and when I do that, I'll be able to write a few lines about the series.

[As a bonus, here's a clip with the alternate endings to the series, as written by Lindelof and Cuse.]

No comments:

Post a Comment