Friday 12 March 2010

So far from shores I'd left behind, still far from shores I've yet to reach.

I first saw it a couple of nights ago, and I naturally thought that it was just my mind playing tricks on me, at first.
But then, I should know better by now, shouldn't I?
There is a presence in my room.
I first became aware of it as I lay on my bed, and the dim blue light that the mains charger that is plugged to my laptop was enough to cast a shadow on the ceiling. From the opposite to where I lay, I noticed that the shadow lengthened itself across from where I looked at it, and ever so slowly, slid across the ceiling and stopped dead in front of me, on top of me.
I looked at it, and it stared back at me. I know not what it is, I don't even know if that block of sheer darkness above can be considered pure black, or rather just the absence of any light whatsoever. Or maybe even the darkness that exists before light finally comes.
It remains still. It has no eyes, but I can feel them upon me. No mouth, but I can hear it whispering.
Tired, I fell asleep, caring not for whatever eldritch creature kept me company.
Yesterday, when I went to bed end turned off the light, it took only a few minutes for it to appear once more.
Maybe it's not there. Maybe it's all in my mind. Maybe only I see it, and that is to be my everlasting curse. Maybe.
Whatever it is, it exists in a space out of time and out of mind and the voice beckons me ever closer.
I'm not sure whether I like it or not - the primal part of me is scared out of my wits, but another side of the multifaceted diamond that is my psyche feels attracted to it.
If I find there tonight, I shall ask something of it. If it has a voice, then it's possible that it is sentient. If it is, then I have but one question.
Who watches over me?

No comments:

Post a Comment